Sunday, July 29, 2012

idaho - summer 2012

There is almost nothing I enjoy more than getting together with my best friends from college - Summer and Monica. They are my favorite people, and I always have the best time when I'm with them.

They are the kind of girls that I won't see for a year and then we get together and it's like we're all back at BYU again (plus the husbands & babies!!!). They have seen me at my best and worst and still love me - which is pretty rare to find in friends. It was so nice to be myself, relax, and catch up, and the days went way too fast! But we got to spend some quality time together, and I was SO sad to leave. I loved just chatting for hours - we can do that forever and never run out of things to say.

Also, I've already decided that I'm going to live near them when I grow up - it's happening. This means I will probably have to move to Boise :) but I am definitely okay with that!

We spent our time in Eagle, Idaho, at the Price's house, and had an awesome time! I love being in their home & seeing their family! I got there on Sunday, and left Wednesday night, so it was a good 4 days spent with great friends.

Sunday afternoon was spent at their house, catching up with the Price family (it was so great to see all of them!!!!), and when Monica got there Sunday night, I was even more excited!

We got pedicures and spent time at home on Monday, and then drove all the way out to Emmett to eat dinner with David who is doing an internship out there.

This was my first time seeing little baby Bennett (Summer & David's baby), and I think he liked spending time with his favorite adopted aunt Neelam :) I fell completely in love with him!

Tuesday we laid out by the pool, did a little shopping, and stopped at The Golden Wheel (I constantly dream about their "root beer spins" - they are SOOOO good!!!!).

 I could seriously stare at this little face all day!!!! And his little footie jammies were soooo cute :)

Monica & I found these super high wedges, and so of course we tried them on. Monica is already 5' 10" and the 5-inch heels made her an even bigger giant!!! Summer is 5' 4" and she and Monica make a really awkward-looking pair :)

Wednesday we laid by the pool again (I love Idaho summers!), and then went to visit another college friend, Laura. Laura has 10-month old twins who are just the cutest little kiddos ever, and it was awesome to see her! She has the most positive attitude about life, marriage, motherhood, and pregnancy, and I loved talking to her about all the exciting things going on in our lives. She really is just the nicest girl!

We enjoyed the last couple of hours together before we had to say goodbye. I cried at the airport like I always do :) but I had such a great time! I left feeling very happy and peaceful, and enjoyed every second of it!

 Spending time with Bennett before leaving

Love these girls!!!!! I miss the BYU days, but I'm so excited about each of our lives and all of the fun things we each have going on! Someday we'll live near each other - I promise!

xoxo, Neelam



1 comment:

  1. I just rediscovered your blog today! How fun. I will be checking it more regularly now so keep the posts coming! We love and miss you...and plan to hold you to your promise that we can all live by each other someday. Bennett is missing aunt Neelam. Loves!

    ReplyDelete