Tuesday, May 15, 2012

the little things

I had a really delightful day today, and it wasn't because anything major or miraculous happened. It was the little things that made me smile and got me through an otherwise monotonous Tuesday.

1. I finished making a maxi skirt - my very first article of clothing! It took me a while, but I think it turned out pretty well. I even wore it today!



2. I bought some sunflowers and treats for a friend going through a hard time, and she was home when I delivered them so I got to talk with her and hear her stories and share in her trials.

3. The Angel Moroni went up on top of the Gilbert Temple and looked beautiful, glittering in the setting sun.

4. I ate a Trader Joe's molasses cookie and had a large Diet Coke - some of my favorite treats.

5. I spent the morning at the Mesa Temple.


6. We had one of my favorite summertime meals tonight for dinner - angel hair pasta, tomatoes, feta cheese, olive oil, and minced garlic. Yum.

7. My fishtail braid turned out well, and my hair is getting long enough that pieces don't keep falling out  of the braid (I hate that!).

8. I went into Target to get a wedding present, and wandered around the aisles for a while, picking out things I want. I love that store!

9. I caught up with a friend from ASU on the phone - a girl who I always look forward to talking with.

10. I've been watching Grey's Anatomy from the beginning of the series, and I've loved watching some of my favorite episodes, especially when George was on it. I also love watching Meredith and Derek and their roller coaster relationship - get together already!!! 

There's a book called Don't Sweat the Small Stuff, but I would add that finding joy in everyday life and the "small stuff" can bring great happiness. Sometimes the big things in life are all going wrong, but if I look hard enough, I can always find something good - even if it's little.

xoxo, Neelam



No comments:

Post a Comment