Wednesday, May 16, 2012

my pinterest obsession

I think it's fair to say that I am addicted to Pinterest. 1246 pins and counting... There, I said it. The first step is acknowledging you have a problem, right???

But I actually don't think it's a problem, and here's why:

Pinterest taps into the side of my brain which longs to create. President Uchtdorf said it beautifully:


I should probably just add an "amen" to what he said. In my day-to-day life, I often find myself wishing that my full-time job was crafting, or decorating, or sewing, or cooking, or organizing (sound like some of what moms do? Yeah, a mom would be my dream job, but until then, I'll keep on teaching English!). Even when I feel stressed out, overwhelmed, or blue, creating something always lifts my mood, brightens my spirit, and instills in me a sense of confidence and satisfaction.

So, with all that being said, I have pinned a bazillion things, but obviously can't do them all at once. Since I'll have a little free time on my hands this summer, these are the ones I absolutely want to work on. Some of them are crafts, some of them are not, but they all will keep me busy and help me in my quest to become more creative.

Finally dye my hair with the ombre trend (and learn to make my curls as cute as this!)


Make this bread recipe. Making bread scares me, but this one looks simple enough to try.

http://recipeschezmoi.blogspot.com/2009/03/miracle-bread.html

Live by these rules.


Follow this schedule (it's for kids, but it definitely works for me!)


Update my 72-hour kit. This pin has great, super simple ideas.

http://lifedesigncraft.blogspot.com/2012/01/emergency-preparedness-for-couples.html

Complete the Couch to 5k running plan.

http://c25k.com/

I know it's nowhere near Christmas yet, but I've wanted to make stockings for a while now, and my summer break is the perfect time.

http://eabdesigns.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/12/the-stockings-were-hung-by-the-chimney-with-care-.html

I would like to make or find something similar to this for all of my jewelry. I hate that it's hidden, and this would corral all of it.


I am really trying to simplify my life, and would LOVE to read this book.


Lastly, I want to do my visiting teaching every month, and these monthly printables should make it super easy.

http://www.mormonmommyblogs.com/search/label/printables

Whew! That's a lot of stuff! Sorry for the overload...hopefully I can get through some of these (if not all). Should be a busy, creative, fun-filled summer!

xoxo, Neelam

No comments:

Post a Comment