Tuesday, July 10, 2012

oh beautiful for spacious skies

I <3 the 4th of July!!!!! 

I love celebrating America's founding with family, friends, fireworks, and food!

I did a study abroad in Israel a few years ago, and spent a 4th of July en route to Egypt. It was funny to me that I still felt pride and patriotism for my country, even though I was so far away. It made me even more grateful for this beautiful country, where I enjoy freedoms that are not found in many places. I love America, and I love celebrating all things American.

This 4th of July was a cloudy, overcast, humid day (super unusual for Arizona), but my mom and I spent the day preparing for our move and cleaning/organizing.

Later that evening, I went with friends to the AZ Diamondbacks baseball game, and enjoyed an All-American baseball game, fireworks, hot dogs, and red white and blue outfits.

Chase Field

Three Cheers for America!!! (and red, white & blue outfits!)

Luckily we took this one before the humidity got to my hair...blergh!!!



Some highlights I do not want to forget:

*ALWAYS use the bathroom at the stadium - don't attempt to find a bathroom once you leave...there are NONE! I was fortunate enough to find a kind police officer and some trusting doormen who let me into a swanky hotel to use the restroom, but I may not always be as lucky!

*Check beforehand where they will be projecting the fireworks from. It would be awful to be stuck on the side where the fireworks are hidden from the retractable roof. Cough, cough.

*Always be a lady when in crowded situations. Everyone else might be acting like crazy fools, but it never helps to join them (although sometimes it's easier!).

*Bring your own water bottle! $4 for a small water bottle is completely ridiculous. Enough said.

Until next Independence Day!

xoxo, Neelam

1 comment:

  1. What a cute sweet girl you are Neelam!! It sounds like you all had so much fun! That is what you all should be doing is having FUN!! P.S. you all look BEAUTIFUL!!!!!
    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete